How to play on GTA RP servers | GTA V RP Servers PC
If you’ve ever wanted to immerse yourself in the thrilling world of GTA RP servers, you’re in for an exciting adventure. Playing on GTA RP servers offers a unique and immersive role-playing experience where you can create and live out your own character within the virtual realm of Los Santos.
In this guide, we will walk you through the basics of how to get started and play on GTA RP servers, from selecting a server and creating a character to understanding server rules and engaging in interactive role-playing scenarios.
So, grab your virtual passport, fasten your seatbelt, and get ready to discover the exhilarating world of GTA RP servers and the endless possibilities that await you. Let’s dive in!
What you need for GTA RP
To play on GTA RP servers, you need to:
- Own a copy of GTA 5.
- Make sure you have a working microphone.
- Have a Discord account.
- Download and install FiveM or RageMP client.
- Find a server from the list.
- Learn the rules of the server.
- Create a character for yourself: not just their looks and clothing but their personality, backstory, and goals.
What is GTA RP?
Well, if you don’t already know, GTA RP, which is also known as GTA Roleplay, is an unofficial mod that was created by the game community, where it was possible to modify the offline version of the game GTA V, which is played in a singleplayer way, turning it into an online game, where players can behave as if they were playing a kind of tabletop RPG.
How to play on GTA RP servers
How to get into GTA RP
Watch On Youtube: How to Download and Install Fivem in 2023 (GTA RP download)
1. Own a copy of GTA 5. It sounds obvious, but before you can play GTA RP, the FiveM mod will need to validate your copy of GTA 5.
2. Make sure you have a working microphone. There are some exceptions, but nearly all GTA RP servers rely on voice chat. In some cases, you may even be kicked from an RP server if it doesn’t detect that you have your voice settings on when you begin playing. There are a few text-based GTA servers, but in general if you play GTA RP you should expect to do a lot of talking.
3. Have a Discord account. Most servers will require you to link your Discord account to play, and many use it for sharing server news and information, interviewing players, and communicating with each other outside of the game.
4. Download and install FiveM. It’s the most popular mod for GTA RP, and allows you to play multiplayer GTA 5 on custom dedicated servers. The mod won’t actually alter your copy of GTA 5, so you’ll still be able to play GTA Online unmodded without any issues.
5. Find a server. FiveM’s server list will let you filter by language and show how many players are on each server, along with a description of what sort of roleplay that server has. Each server will have its own rules and requirements, and sometimes different types of roleplay scenarios.
Many servers require you to complete an application process and even an interview before you can join. They’ll also almost always have a Discord or a link to documentation so you can find the rules for applying and playing on a server. Further down this page we’ve listed some other popular GTA RP servers.
6. Learn the rules. Remember you’re not joining a server to play GTA Online: this is a roleplay experience and there are typically lots of different rules for each server. For an example of some pretty common server rules, have a look at TwitchRP’s list of GTA RP rules.
7. Create a character for yourself: not just their looks and clothing but their personality, backstory, and goals. What sort of job do you want? What sort of person is your character?
Remember that while you’re playing you should always remain in-character: no asking other players how the controls work (that would be immersion-breaking) or passing along information you’ve learned outside of the game (such as the plans for a bank heist you saw on someone else’s stream).
You’ll want to find a job, which can vary between all sorts of occupations. Cab or Uber driver, bartender, delivery driver, EMT, and yes, there are criminal jobs like drug dealers or bank robbers, and gangs you may be able to join as well. Most servers also have a police force, and they tend to take their roleplaying very seriously, often interviewing prospects in-character and performing in-game training.
Popular GTA RP servers
NoPixel: Probably the best known thanks to high-profile streamers like Lirik and Summit, but also one of the hardest to get onto due to limited applications and a long wait time.
Eclipse RP: A 200-player server, allowing for a bigger shared world than NoPixel’s 32-player servers, though doesn’t have quite as many features. Waitlists to be whitelisted may be long.
GTA World: One of the few text-based RP servers, making it a good alternative for those who don’t feel comfortable using a microphone.
Mafia City: A good place for beginners to try RP, though it uses the Rage mod instead of FiveM and there are no AI-controlled NPCs in the world.
New Day RP: A pretty serious roleplayer server—they even have political events like elections for governor—which was recently overhauled with new features.
What is the best GTA RP server?
These servers have stood out due to their immersive gameplay, dedicated communities, active staff members, and engaging role-playing opportunities.
In conclusion, playing on GTA RP servers offers an incredible opportunity to dive into a dynamic and immersive role-playing experience within the world of Grand Theft Auto V. By ensuring you have a legitimate copy of GTA 5, a stable internet connection, the appropriate RP client, and a valid server account, you’ll be ready to embark on your RP journey.
Understanding server rules and potentially installing additional modifications are also crucial steps to enhance your gameplay. So, gather your wits, embrace your creativity, and prepare for an unforgettable adventure as you step into the vibrant world of GTA RP servers. The possibilities are endless, and the excitement awaits!
You May Also Like:
How to play on GTA RP servers | GTA V RP Servers PC